Healthcare is an economic and societal issue and is particularly central to the concerns of every country today. Strengthening Luxembourg’s leadership position in this sector is a major challenge and the role of managers is more essential than ever to support this strategy.
In order to do so, managers need to strengthen key skills. The Competence Centre, in partnership with the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Luxembourg, the Federation of Luxembourg Hospitals (FHL) and representatives of the Luxembourg health sector, is offering the Certificate in Management for Hospital and Healthcare Sector (equivalent to 30 ECTS).
The courses are taught by high-level experts. The aim is to prepare future or young managers to master all aspects of the managerial posture and to make them critical, innovative and change-oriented multidisciplinary experts in their field. The implementation of a concrete professional project is one of the strengths of this certificate.
Any professional in the hospital and care sector, executive or future executive. Admission is based on a registration file.
The language of instruction is French.
To offer a managerial training course adapted to the challenges, needs and specificities of the health sector in Luxembourg. In addition to the expertise of the lecturers, who are all health professionals, the implementation of a concrete professional project is one of the strengths of this academic training course.
After completion of the course, participants will have learned to :
- Understand the Luxembourg healthcare environment
- Know and apply the health quality policy
- Manage and support their team
- Optimise the functioning of their department
- Carry out an improvement or innovation project in their department
The training cycle includes +/- 300 hours (i.e. 41 days) of onsite training starting in 2025 (Fridays in the majority of cases from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm).
It also includes +/- 300 hours of personal work (remote learning modules and project writing).
The training programme is composed of the following 6 modules:
- Module 1: The Health Environment in Luxembourg (4 ECTS) – 7 courses
- Module 2: Strategy and Managing Quality in Healthcare (5 ECTS) – 7 courses
- Module 3: Management Principles (6 ECTS) – 7 courses
- Module 4: Human Resources (6 ECTS) – 8 courses
- Module 5: Understanding and Managing Finances (2 ECTS) – 4 courses
- Module 6: Professional Project (7 ECTS) – 4 courses + accompaniement
In order to ensure the knowledge transmission, participants will be evaluated on the basis of a quiz after each module and will have to carry out a professional project which will be presented before a jury in order to validate the competencies acquired during this cycle.
At the end of the course, a university certificate (equivalent to 30 ECTS) will be awarded.
The registration fee of 5100 € includes the participation in onsite learning courses, teaching materials and meals.
Registration for the class of 2024 is now closed. We look forward to seeing you in 2025 for the next promotion!
*Documents required for online registration:
- Passport photo
- Copy of ID card / passport
- Proof of health insurance with date of validity
- Copy of highest diploma (+ translation if necessary)
- Copy of equivalence if non-Luxembourg Baccalaureate diploma
- Detailed CV
- Letter of motivation
- Letter of recommendation / support (preferably from the institution’s management)
+352 26 15 92 530
Maison du Savoir – 2, avenue de l’Université – L-4365 Esch-sur-Alzette